photo Jane Richmond_zpsux4wawxl.png

Monday, March 17, 2014

LINDEN mittens || KAL Week 1 and Almost Done!



Week 1 of the LINDEN knit along is over and we've been having an absolute BLAST knitting along together in the JR group on Ravelry! My favorite part has been admiring everyone's yarn -- there is such a variety and so many gorgeous colourways!

I could barely wait to cast on with my soft and squishy skein of Caterpillargreen Yarn -- once the knit along CO date arrived I went full tilt. I've been flying along on my mittens considering the limited amount of time I've had to devote to them while travelling to Tolt Yarn and Wool and Vogue Knitting Live -- if only it was possible to knit and drive, sigh.

I actually cast on with double pointed needles because I had to go down two sizes to get gauge and only had 2.25mm in dpns. I barely finished the 1/2 inch ribbed cuff before I broke down in search of a 40 inch nickel plated needle to magic loop with! I hadn't realized how fond of magic loop I was until I was forced to work on dpns -- I find it so much faster and conducive to multitasking while knitting!

Also, self striping yarn... highly addictive! For me, working with self striping yarn is like reading a really good book that I can't put down -- I don't want to stop without completing the chapter I'm on. With self striping yarn, I always want to get through the stripe I'm on -- the trouble is, once I do, I get a glimpse of the next colour stripe and can't help but begin it just to see what it looks like. Just one more stripe, just one more stripe... It's a vicious cycle.

Now that I'm home from my travels I cannot wait to check in with our Ravelry group and see everyone's progress! I am so glad so many of you are using our #lindenkal hashtag on Instagram and elsewhere, it's by far the easiest way to get a glimpse of everyone's progress in one snapshot! 

We still have a week to go and it's definitely not too late to cast on and jump in! I have grand plans of casting on a second pair in sport weight if I finish this pair in time! I'd like to attempt two at a time, I've never tried before!

There will be a prize at the end of the KAL and for those who don't yet have the pattern you can purchase it for 25% off during the knit along!!! Just use code LINDENKAL during checkout on Ravelry! 

Happy Monday and Happy Knitting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment